The 2D:4D Effect is the interesting finding that the length ratio between the second (index) and fourth (ring) fingers is associated with various aspects of human sexuality, in particular, sexual orientation.
- Straight women and gay men have on average a greater length ratio
- Lesbians have on average a lower ratio than straight women
- A sexual preference for more masculine men is associated with a greater length ratio, in both straight women and gay men
- Lesbians with a higher digit ratio are more likely to be femme and less likely to be butch
- A lower ratio is also associated with longer dicks
The digit ratio is thought to be influenced by prenatal exposure to androgens, with a lower ratio being related to higher exposure.
What do your hands say about your sexuality? Is it accurate?